Heavy Equipment Logging Operations and Maintenance Certificate
COVID-19 Update: Operating and Trucking Courses are meeting in person during labs with lecture content in online format.
View the Spring 2021 Heavy Equipment Operations Newsletter (PDF)
- Train on-site at Shasta College's logging sides outside of Shingletown, CA
- Operate a Skidder, Hot Saw, Log Loader, Processor, and Moew
- Study Introduction to Natural Resources and Forest Management
- Includes Class A & B License Training Course
- Complete in 2 Semesters/1 Year
- Classes available now!
SC Program: CT.3454
This certificate will train students to enter a career in the logging industry as a heavy logging equipment operator. Students will operate various pieces of heavy logging equipment and trucks. This is a hands-on, field experience oriented certificate. Some courses will utilize off-campus forestry grounds for training.
This certificate is approved through the California Community College Chancellor’s Office. Upon satisfactory completion of the listed requirements and filing an application for graduation with Admissions and Records, the student’s transcript will reflect completion of this certificate.
Program Learning Outcome
Upon successful completion of this certificate, the student should be able to:
- Upon successful completion of this program the student will be able to inspect, service, safely operate, and perform minor repairs on various heavy logging equipment in a forest logging operation.
- Upon successful completion of this program the student will be able to explain and follow forest practices that apply to the logging operation they are assigned to.
- AGMA 44 Introduction to Construction Skills for Agriculture and Natural Resources OR WELD 70 Beginning Welding (3)
- AGNR 1 Introduction to Natural Resources (3)
- AGNR 56 Heavy Logging Equipment Operations and Maintenance (4)
- CONS 45 Career Planning and Leadership for Heavy Equipment Operators (2)
- CONS 46 Equipment Operations and Maintenance (3)
- CONS 48 Surveying for Equipment Operators (2)
- CONS 149A Class A & B License Training (3)
- MATH 100 Technical Applications of Mathematics OR AGNR 52 Computers in Agriculture and Natural Resources OR CIS 1 Computer Literacy Workshop (3)
Choose 2 units from the following:
- CONS 55A Equipment Operations Skills Development (1)
- CONS 55B Equipment Operations Pad Construction (1)
- CONS 55C Equipment Operations Roadway Construction (1)
- CONS 55D Equipment Operations Global Satellite System Skills (1)
- CONS 94 Worksite Learning for Construction Technology (1-2)
TOTAL UNITS FOR CERTIFICATE: 25 Units