Arrange to have official transcripts from high school and previous college work sent to Shasta College. Transcripts sent to Shasta College from other regionally accredited colleges and/or educational institutions at the request of a student become part of the student's permanent file and are neither duplicated or distributed. These are important for counseling and program planning.

You may bring unofficial transcripts to your initial counseling appointment. Please visit our Transcripts and Transcript Evaluation webpages for additional information regarding transcripts.

Send official transcripts (high school / college) to:

Shasta College Admissions & Records
P.O. Box 496006
Redding, CA 96049-6006

Please Note: Official transcripts must remain in sealed envelopes to remain official.

Official Transcripts vs. Unofficial Transcripts

An official transcript is a hard copy printed on special, watermarked paper. Official paper transcripts are sent in a sealed, signature-stamped envelope.

An "unofficial" transcript is generally considered anything that doesn't bear the "sign and seal" (or equivalent) of the issuing institution, as well as any reproduction of the official transcript (scan, photo, copy, etc.).