Degree/Certificate Evaluation Process
Are you ready to graduate? Submit as soon as possible for Fall 2020 degrees!
Please note, a final application deadline for Fall 2020 will not be implemented. However, we encourage students to submit their degree/certificate application as soon as possible to facilitate timely evaluations.
- Log in to MyShasta
- Go to Academic Profile and select the link “Student ed-planning”
- Go to View Your Progress and select the link “Go to My Progress”
- At the top of My Progress, you will see your currently active program name and program code. If this is not correct, please update your program/educational goal with the Change of Information form!
- A list of current programs and program codes is available in the 2020-21 General Catalog on page 17.
We strongly encourage you to meet with a Counselor to review your program requirements for your final term(s) and confirm that your degree/certificate is up to date in our system.
The Degree/Certificate Application (PDF) is available online
The “Pre-Evaluation Degree/Certificate Application Filing Period” allows our staff to evaluate your degree requirements and notify you if you are on track or need to modify your classes for your final term(s). Degree applications received after the Pre-Evaluation Degree/Certificate Application Filing Period will not be pre-evaluated.
Degree/Certificate applications must be received by the Final Degree Application Deadline. Any applications received after this date will be evaluated with the next term.
- A final application deadline for Fall 2020 will not be implemented, but we encourage students to submit their degree/certificate application as soon as possible to facilitate timely evaluations.
- Degree/Certificate applications for Spring 2021 received after April 1, 2021 will be considered for Summer 2021.
If you want to be included in the May 2021 Commencement Ceremony Bulletin, Spring/Summer 2021 Degree/Certificate applications must be received by April 1, 2021. No exceptions.
The Office of Student Life organizes the Commencement Ceremony. More information about the ceremony will be available on their website in spring semester. The Office of Student Life will send you an email about the Commencement Ceremony in later Spring term.
|Term You are Completing Your Degree/Certificate||Pre-Evaluation Degree/Certificate Application Filing Period||Final Degree/Certificate Application Deadline||Evaluation of Degrees/Certificates and Mailing of Diplomas/Certificates|
|Spring 2020||9/4/2019 - 11/27/2019||4/1/20||June – September 2020|
|Summer 2020||9/4/2019 - 11/27/2019||4/1/20||September – November 2020|
|Fall 2020||2/4/2020 - 5/1/2020||Not Applicable||January – March 2021|
|Spring 2021||9/7/2020 - 11/30/2020||4/1/21||June – September 2021|
|Summer 2021||9/7/2020 - 11/30/2020||4/1/21||September – November 2021|
|Fall 2021||2/1/2021 - 5/3/21||9/30/21||January – March 2022|
If you have not yet sent in official test scores (AP or CLEP) and transcripts from other colleges, please request them to be sent to:
PO Box 496006
Redding, CA 96049-6006
If you spoke with your counselor about a waiver or substitution, have you followed up with faculty to complete the documentation for that?
Final evaluations are completed after grades are posted for your final term. Degrees are evaluated in the following priority order:
- Associate Degree for Transfer (ADTs) and Health Sciences degrees that require confirmation of graduation for licensing exams
- University Studies Associate degrees
- All other associate degrees and certificates
Within each category, degree applications are evaluated in alphabetical order.
Evaluating and Posting Degrees & Certificates
Once your degree has been evaluated, we will email you a notification of your status. If your degree/certificate has been approved, we will let you know when you can expect to receive your Diploma and/or Certificate in the mail.
Due to the volume of degree applications, it can take between 1 – 3 months to evaluate all degree applications for a term.
Shasta College Admissions and Records Office shall evaluate and post any degree and/or certificate students are deemed eligible for automatically. If a degree and/or certificate is posted, students can request the degree and/or certificate to be removed by submitting the request in writing to the Admissions and Records Office.
For questions regarding degree/certificate evaluations, please contact:
- Rochelle Morris, Student Services Specialist - Degree Evaluator
- Lorelei Hartzler, Student Services Specialist - Degree Evaluator
Rochelle and Lorelei can be reached at email@example.com or (530) 242-7650.
Due to Admissions/Records staff working from home, email is preferred. Please include your name and student ID in your message.