Open Enrollment for Active Employees
Medical Plan Information | October 1, 2022 - September 30, 2023
For more information on open enrollment, please visit: Open Enrollment 2022/23 - Shasta Trinity Schools Insurance Group
Open Enrollment for medical, dental and vision is now through September 2, 2022. Our 12-month plan year will run from October 1, 2022 through September 30, 2023.
- This is a passive open enrollment. Human Resources will automatically default you into the same plan that you are currently on with the same dependent/spouse coverage you have on your current plan.
- Enclosed please find the medical rates, district caps and employee contribution. Also enclosed please find more detailed information from STSIG and associated informational attachments.
- This year the open enrollment meetings will be hosted virtually. The open enrollment meeting schedule and Zoom links can be found at https://www.stsigjpa.com/health-programs/open-enrollment-2022-23/
ALEX Benefit Tool: For help choosing your medical plan, we are excited to continue to provide ALEX, your personal benefits counselor. ALEX explains all of your options in easy to understand terms, and helps you choose the plans that make the most sense for you and your family. Meet ALEX at www.myalex.com/shasta-college/2022.
Open Enrollment for American Fidelity voluntary Benefits is August 1, 2022 through September 2, 2022. Schedule a virtual appointment online at https://enroll.americanfidelity.com/CBC5BEF7 or by calling 1-800-365-8306, Ext. 7.
Many of you may wonder whether you need to meet with American Fidelity this year. YES!
Due to the various changes with IRS Section 125, Shasta College is requesting that all staff meet with American Fidelity to review the plan and sign off your election to continue pre-taxing your medical. Failure to do so may result in your medical plan elections being converted to AFTER TAX treatment.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me at (530) 242-7648 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to continuing to serve you and your benefit needs!
- 22-23 Open Enrollment Packet - Final as of August 1, 2022 (PDF)
- 22-23 Faculty Open Enrollment Packet - Final as of August 1, 2022 (PDF)
- 22-23 Medical Rates, District Caps and Employee Contribution Breakdown (Faculty) (PDF)
- 22-23 Medical Rates, District Caps and Employee Contribution Breakdown (Classified/Administrator) (PDF)
- 22-23 Plan Summary Comparison Chart (PDF)
- 22-23 PlanSource Instructions for Online Open Enrollment (PDF)
- Health Savings Account - Salary Reduction - New, Change, or Cancel Amount (PDF)
Please see tabs to the left for more information on benefits.
Benefits Counselor - Meet ALEX
ALEX - Everyone's favorite benefit tool! For help choosing your medical plan, we are excited to announce ALEX, your personal benefits counselor. ALEX explains all of your options in an easy to understand format, and helps you choose the plans that make the most sense for you and your family.
Meet ALEX at myalex.com/shasta-college/2022
- Prestige - Free or $20 to all on our medical plans! We are pleased to provide urgent care walk-in service and scheduled primary care visits for covered members.
- The Prestige membership is provided to active employees and their covered dependents, as well as pre-Medicare retirees and their covered dependents as a benefit of belonging to STSIG.
- Services will be provided at no cost* to members on the 80C, G, K or M plans. No membership dues. No copays. No deductibles. No insurance hassles.
- HSA-A and B members, as well as Minimum Value plan members, will pay a $20 fee for each visit due to IRS regulations.
- Prestige details can be found on: 22-23 Prestige Urgent Care Flyer (PDF)
Advance Medical is a free benefit to those on our plans. Received a diagnosis and aren't sure of it's correct? Do you have the best treatment plan? Want an expert reliable medical opinion? Their Expert Medical Opinions program can be your best advocate.
Advance Medical matches patients to the leading doctors on their specific conditions, who work with you to be sure of your diagnosis and recommend the best path for treatment. They will help you find comfort and clarity whenever you need to better understand the best options for your care.
For more information on Advance Medical, please visit advance-medical.net/sisc or call 1-855-201-9925.
Looking for more information?
For more information on open enrollment, please visit: https://www.stsigjpa.com/health-programs/open-enrollment-2022-23/
Required Notices to Employees
New Employee Enrollments
New employees are eligible to enroll in benefit plans effective the first of the month following their date of hire. A signed Enrollment Form should be submitted to Human Resources prior to the coverage effective date (30 days prior is preferred).
Please allow a minimum of 10 business days for changes to be reflected in the carrier’s systems. Allow up to 10 business days for Anthem to mail medical cards to members from the date the member’s information is reflected in the Anthem system.
To print a temporary medical card from the Anthem website please follow the directions included in the flyer here: Anthem Temporary Medical Card Download Instructions (PDF)