Open Enrollment for Active Employees
Medical Plan Information
October 1, 2020 - September 30, 2021
For more information on open enrollment, please visit: Open Enrollment 2020/21 - Shasta Trinity Schools Insurance Group
Open Enrollment for medical, dental and vision is August 1 through September 4, 2020. Please visit the Open Enrollment webpage for more information. This is a passive open enrollment. Human Resources will automatically default you into the same plan that you are currently on with the same dependent/spouse coverage you have on your current plan.
This year all open enrollment meetings will be virtual. You can view a meeting on the STSIG website anytime or participate in a live Zoom meeting – that schedule is available here. Questions should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to attending.
ALEX Benefit Tool: For help choosing your medical plan, we are excited to continue to provide ALEX, your personal benefits counselor. ALEX explains all of your options in easy to understand terms, and helps you choose the plans that make the most sense for you and your family. Meet ALEX at www.myalex.com/shasta-college/2020.
Open Enrollment for American Fidelity voluntary Benefits is August 24, 2020 through September 4, 2020. Schedule an appointment online at https://enroll.americanfidelity.com/CBC5BEF7 or by calling 1-800-365-8306, Ext. 1.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me at (530) 242-7641 or by email at email@example.com.
We look forward to continuing to serve you and your benefit needs!
- 20-21 Open Enrollment Packet - Final as of July 31, 2020 (PDF)
- 20-21 Medical Rates, District Caps and Employee Contribution Breakdown (PDF)
- 20-21 Plan Summary Comparison Chart - Revised January 1, 2020 (PDF)
- 20-21 PlanSource Instructions for Online Open Enrollment (PDF)
- Health Savings Account - Salary Reduction - New, Change, or Cancel Amount (PDF)
Please see tabs to the left for more information on benefits.
Benefits Counselor - Meet ALEX
ALEX - Everyone's favorite benefit tool! For help choosing your medical plan, we are excited to announce ALEX, your personal benefits counselor. ALEX explains all of your options in an easy to understand format, and helps you choose the plans that make the most sense for you and your family.
Meet ALEX at myalex.com/shasta-college/2020
- Prestige - Free or $20 to all on our medical plans! We are pleased to provide urgent care walk-in service and scheduled primary care visits for covered members.
- The Prestige membership is provided to active employees and their covered dependents, as well as pre-Medicare retirees and their covered dependents as a benefit of belonging to STSIG.
- Services will be provided at no cost* to members on the 80C, G, K or M plans. No membership dues. No copays. No deductibles. No insurance hassles.
- HSA-A and B members, as well as Minimum Value plan members, will pay a $20 fee for each visit due to IRS regulations.
- Prestige details can be found on: 20-21 Prestige Urgent Care Flyer (PDF)
Advance Medical is a free benefit to those on our plans. Received a diagnosis and aren't sure of it's correct? Do you have the best treatment plan? Want an expert reliable medical opinion? Their Expert Medical Opinions program can be your best advocate.
Advance Medical matches patients to the leading doctors on their specific conditions, who work with you to be sure of your diagnosis and recommend the best path for treatment. They will help you find comfort and clarity whenever you need to better understand the best options for your care.
For more information on Advance Medical, please visit advance-medical.net/sisc or call 1-855-201-9925.
Looking for more information?
For more information on open enrollment, please visit: https://www.stsigjpa.com/health-programs/open-enrollment-2020-21/
Required Notices to Employees
2020 HIPPA Notice (PDF)
New Employee Enrollments
New employees are eligible to enroll in benefit plans effective the first of the month following their date of hire. A signed Enrollment Form should be submitted to Human Resources prior to the coverage effective date (30 days prior is preferred).
Please allow a minimum of 10 business days for changes to be reflected in the carrier’s systems. Allow up to 10 business days for Anthem to mail medical cards to members from the date the member’s information is reflected in the Anthem system.
To print a temporary medical card from the Anthem website please follow the directions included in the flyer here: Anthem Temporary Medical Card Download Instructions (PDF)