Shasta College is proud to announce a new partnership with UC Davis! Destination Davis is an intensive pathway program designed for international students who wish to improve their academic and/or language skills before transferring to the University of California. Students enter through a rigorous academic preparatory program, complete a series of courses at Shasta College or other partner colleges and, upon successful completion of program requirements, transfer to the University of California, Davis, or another UC campus.
- Easy and convenient admissions process
- TOEFL or IELTS waived for Shasta admissions for qualified students
- English can be improved and practiced in an academic setting
- More affordable than going directly to a university
How to Qualify
International students can qualify for the program if they meet the following requirements:
- Either successfully completed high school or are at least 18 years of age
- Successfully completed UC Davis's - IEP level 600 (high intermediate level) with an overall GPA of 3.0 or better, except for the writing course. The writing course grade must be a "B" or better.
If these two conditions are met, the regular English proficiency requirements such as TOEFL, IELTS, and TOEIC are waived.*
In addition, to fully qualify for admission to Shasta College, students must:
- Submit a completed International Student Application.
- Submit all required official transcripts from UC Davis, high school transcripts and proof of graduation.
Additionally Shasta College reserves the right to withdraw the waiver of the ESL requirement if the student is admitted to Shasta College prior to completing the UCD -IEP or if the final IEP GPA falls below 3.0.