Upward Bound Summer Program
Each summer Shasta College Upward Bound students have the privilege of participating in our Summer Program. This program is designed to simulate the college experience in order to provide insight into what college life is really like.
Experiencing College Life
This six-week program offers exciting opportunities:
- Live on the Shasta College Campus!
- Attend Classes on the Shasta College Campus!
- Eating in the Shasta College Cafeteria!
- Travel to and explore different College Campuses!
- Experience dorm-living with a roommate!
- Field Trips and Cultural Activities!
- Concurrent Enrollment Classes
- Academic Enrichment Coursework
- College Admissions Workshops
- Mentorship Activities
- College Preparatory Activities
- Motivational Workshops
Coursework provided will include Science, Math, Writing, and a Foreign Language to give students a jump start in school for the following year and develop study habits that will follow them throughout their high school career and beyond!
Students will be able to participate in college tours and cultural activities throughout the summer.
For example, 2018 Shasta College Upward Bound Summer Program students traveled to:
- Sacramento State University
- Dominican University
- UC Merced
- CSU Monterey
- University of the Pacific
- Sutter's Fort
- California State Capitol
- Viking Skate Roller Rink
- Waterworks Park
- ...and more!