Articulation of High School Courses or Programs (2+2 Agreements) for Course WAIVER

For the purposes of this section the term “articulated high school course” means a high school course or program that the faculty in the appropriate discipline, using policies and procedures approved by the curriculum committee have determined to be comparable to specific community college course for specific purposes.

An articulated course may be accepted in lieu of a comparable Shasta College course in the following manner.

  • to partially satisfy requirements for a certificate program, including the total number of units required for the certificate; or
  • the major requirements in a degree program.

Articulated high school courses used to partially satisfy certificate or major requirements shall be clearly noted as such on the student’s academic record. Notations of community college course credit shall be made only if credit is granted via credit by examination. (See credit by examination policy). Except through credit by examination, high school courses may not be used to satisfy (1) the requirement that students complete at least 60 semester units in order to meet the unit requirements for an Associate Degree or (2) to satisfy any general education requirement for the Associate Degree.

(Section 55753.5,1/28/02)

Effective for high school articulation agreements beginning 2002-03