Information Sessions & Application Requirements
Dental Hygiene Information Session
|Application Process Information Sessions||Application Filing Period|
|Monday, October 9, 2023 at 5:30 pm via Zoom
Join Zoom Meeting:
link to be posted 1 month prior to meeting
|February 5 - February 23, 2024|
Students must meet all the following requirements for application to the Dental Hygiene program:
- Students must have a high school diploma or its equivalent.
- Requirement waived if applicant has a post-secondary degree and submits the official College Transcript showing the conferred degree. No copies of degrees, certificates, or transcripts will be accepted.
- Completion of Prerequisite Requirements with specified grade requirements
- Completion of Graduation Requirements
- Completion of all non-time sensitive Health and Safety (Clinical) Requirements
A Completed Application Packet includes all of the following:
- All completed, required forms in the Dental Hygiene Application
- Official* transcripts of ALL colleges attended. These will be used to document the successful completion of all prerequisite and graduation requirement courses.
- Official* high school transcripts showing date of graduation, completion of California High School Proficiency Examination, or verified copy of G.E.D. test results.
- Official high school transcript, copy of high school diploma, official CHSPE transcript, or G.E.D. test results are not necessary if applicant has a post-secondary degree and submits the official College Transcript showing the conferred degree. No copies of degrees, certificates, or transcripts will be accepted.
- Official* Advanced Placement (AP) test score needed (only if using to satisfy a prerequisite/graduation requirement course(s).
- Proof of immunity for all non-time sensitive Health and Safety (Clinical) Requirements
*Official transcripts are those that have been received from another educational institution.
- Physical transcripts must be in a sealed envelope and remain unopened. Once an envelope containing a transcript has been opened (seal broken), it cannot be accepted by Shasta College.
- Electronic transcripts must be sent directly to Shasta College at firstname.lastname@example.org and a copy of the receipt from your transcript request transaction must be included in your application packet.
- Work Experience Verification Form
- Proof of Residency - Two (2) documented pieces of evidence which include name, country, address, and date (must be one year and one day prior to beginning of application filing period).
- Tax return (only the page showing your name and physical address)
- Official rental or lease agreement
- AFDC documents
- CalWorks Documents
- Unemployment documents
- Escrow papers
- Driver's license
- Vehicle registration
- Voter registration
- Utility bills
- Bank statements
Additional information related to the completion of the application packet:
- Shasta College work will be obtained from the Admissions and Records office and made an official part of the application filing packet.
- Failure to include ALL other college and/or high school records will result in the automatic disqualification of the application filing packet.
- Other college and/or high school records that may already be on file with the Shasta College Admissions and Records office CANNOT be used for this packet.
- If an applicant is determined to be ineligible, the applicant must re-submit all other college and/or high school records with each new application filing packet.
- If you were a previously continually qualified applicant, you may elect to use your previously submitted college and/or high school records that are on file with the Shasta College Admissions & Records (A&R) Office. It is highly recommended that you contact the A&R office to confirm that all of your records are still on file as external records, such as transcripts from other schools, are purged over time. There may be a possibility that you may need to resubmit all or some of your college and/or high school records.
Application packets will be available for pickup at the Health Sciences Division Office, or for download from the Health Sciences Forms & Packets webpage, 2-3 days before the Information Session and throughout the application filing period.
Health Sciences Division Office
1400 Market St., Room 8204
Redding, CA 96001
Application packets must be submitted within the filing period listed above by mail or hand delivery. Packets will not be accepted outside of the application period. It is highly recommended that any mailed applications are sent with a means of tracking, such as via Certified Mail.
As application packets are submitted, each applicant will receive a receipt. Once eligibility is reviewed, notification of application status will be sent via email.
It is the applicant’s responsibility to maintain current information (name, address, telephone number, email address) with the Health Sciences & University Programs office.
Typically emails to AOL and Hotmail accounts from Shasta College are not reliably delivered. We highly recommend that students & applicants establish e-mail accounts with services such as gmail.com or yahoo.com, as we have found that emails to these accounts are more reliably delivered.
Therefore, please make sure that we have your current contact information -- especially email address -- by filling out our online Contact Information Change Form if your information changes after you submit your application.