Prerequisites must be completed prior to submitting an application for the program. No in-progress courses will be accepted.
Please Note: For specific questions regarding your prerequisite courses, contact the Health Sciences Counselor. You may make an appointment by calling (530) 339-3600.
Sciences Prerequisites Courses
An overall minimum 2.5 GPA is required. Online labs are not accepted, unless taken between Spring of 2020 and Fall of 2021 under the COVID-19 waiver.
- ANAT 1 – Human Anatomy (with lab)
- PHY 1 – Physiology (with lab)
- MICRO 1 – Microbiology (with lab)
- CHEM 2A – Introduction to Chemistry (with lab)
- CHEM 2B – Introduction to Organic and Biochemistry (with lab)
Beginning in 2023, there will be a seven (7) year recency requirement for the Anatomy and Physiology science prerequisites.
General Prerequisite Courses
An overall minimum of 2.5 GPA is required.
- ENG 1A College Composition
- SOC 1 Introduction to Sociology
- PSYC 1A General Psychology
- CMST 60 Public Speaking OR CMST 54 Small Group Communications
- Please Note: If CMST 10 was taken prior to and including Spring 2014 this course may be accepted as a pre-requisite
- NUTR 25 - Nutrition (FSS 25 accepted if completed Spring 2016 or prior)