General Studies: EMS - Emergency Medical Response AS Degree
General Studies – 20.5 Unit Emphasis | SC Program: AS.1508
This degree is directed at students who will be working as Emergency Medical Technicians. Additionally, this degree could be used as a general preparation program for those students who will be attending a Paramedic certification program.
PROGRAM LEARNING OUTCOMES
For General Studies Degree Learning Outcomes, see page 29.
Complete the following courses
- FAID 75 Emergency Medical Technician 1 Basic (7)
- FAID 133 Certification CPR for the Professional Rescuer (0.5)
Choose at least 13 units from the list below
- ANAT 1 Human Anatomy (5)
- BIOL 5 Introduction to Human Biology (3)
- BIOL 6 Intro to Human Biology Laboratory (1)
- FAID 132 Emergency Medical Responder (EMR) (2)
- FIRS 120 Incident Command System ICS-200 (1)
- FSS 25 Nutrition (3)
- MICR 1 Microbiology (5)
- PHY 1 Physiology (5)
For reference only as of 2019/2020
Start Your Future at Shasta College
We are dedicated to helping you reach your educational and career goals. To begin your journey, apply for admissions today!