Level 1 Case Management Certificate
Certificate | SC Program: CL.3417
This certificate will prepare students for employment in entry level Human Services jobs in the community. This certificate also serves as a pathway to the Level 2 Case Management certificate and other associate degrees including Human Services and Sociology. The content of this certificate provides students with an introduction to professional standards and practices involved in doing human service work with emphasis on engagement, relationship building, theory, assessment, and documentation.
This is a locally approved certificate. Upon satisfactory completion of the listed requirements and application for completion of the certificate to Admissions and Records, the student will receive a certificate of completion. This certificate is not approved through the California Community College Chancellor’s Office; therefore, completion of the certificate will not be listed on the student’s transcript.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this certificate, the student should be able to:
- Outline a course of action when provided a workplace scenario using a code of ethics and a decision making model.
- Identify the main research methods used by social workers and human services professionals.
- Write a basic case note that includes the following areas: subjective, objective, assessment, and plan.
- ENGL 1A College Composition (4)
- HUSV 12 Standards and Practices in Human Services (3)
- HUSV 70 Introduction to Social Work and Human Services (3)
- SOC 1 Introduction to Sociology (3)
Total Units for Certificate: 13
For reference only as of 2021/2022
We are dedicated to helping you reach your educational and career goals. To begin your journey, apply for admissions today!