Level 2 Case Management Certificate
Certificate | SC Program: CL.3417
The Level 2 Case Management Certificate is the next step after Level 1 Case Management Certificate. This certificate prepares students to work in the community as a Human Services professional. The certificate provides students with skills and knowledge about professional standards and practices. Emphasis will be placed on documentation and record-keeping skills. In addition, students will gain knowledge of human development throughout the life course, psychology, and culture. Emphasis will be placed on examining the individuals from a holistic viewpoint, taking into consideration many factors that contribute to behaviors and outcomes when working with community members.
This certificate is approved through the California Community College Chancellor's Office. Upon satisfactory completion of the listed requirements and filing an application for graduation with Admissions and Records, the student's transcript will reflect completion of this certificate.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this certificate, the student should be able to:
- Students will be able to demonstrate the ability to write a detailed case note.
- Students will be able to view an individual holistically by articulating what factors might be affecting individuals and families in the community (i.e., culture, trauma, biology, ACE scores, societal pressures, SES, historical factors, health challenges, mental health, environmental factors).
- Students will be able to maintain professionalism in a human services setting by demonstrating mature judgment, progress on initiatives, and appropriate work habits.
- Students will demonstrate dependability, reliability, punctuality and meet deadlines.
- ENGL 1A College Composition (4)
- HUSV 12 Standards and Practices in Human Services (3)
- HUSV 14 Introduction to Case Management (3)
- HUSV 70 Introduction to Social Work and Human Services (3)
- HUSV 95A Human Services Seminar (2)
- HUSV 95B Fieldwork: Social Work/Human Services (1)
- PSYC 1A General Psychology (3)
- SOC 1 Introduction to Sociology (3)
- SOC 25 Race, Ethnicity, and Society (3)
Total Units for Certificate: 25
For reference only as of 2022/2023
Start Your Future at Shasta College
We are dedicated to helping you reach your educational and career goals. To begin your journey, apply for admissions today!