Submitting an Application
- Create an account or log in to CCCApply / MyPath
- Apply to Shasta College using Explore MyPath. (MyPath is a guided pathway approach to enrollment and you'll be able to explore careers, degrees, financial aid, and more.)
- You'll receive an application confirmation email with your unique Student ID within 24 hours. Please return to MyPath for a customized guide toward your next steps!
For help with the CCC Apply process, please contact the OpenCCC technical support team.
Here's how to complete enrollment so you can register for classes!
Apply for Financial Aid
- 2020-21 FAFSA will cover Summer 2020, Fall 2020, Spring 2021. The 2020-21 application asks tax returns.
- 2019-20 FAFSA will cover the Summer 2019, Fall 2019, Spring 2020. The 2019-2929 application asks for 2017 tax returns.
- Shasta College’s School Code: 001289
For additional information visit Cost & Financial Aid
Arrange to have official transcripts from high school and previous college work sent to Shasta College. These are important for counseling and program planning. You may bring unofficial transcripts to your initial counseling appointment. Please visit Transcript Evaluation for additional information regarding transcripts.
Activate MyShasta and Shasta Portal Accounts
If you're unable to locate your login credentials, please see "Frequent questions" on the Shasta Portal log in page.
Complete New Student Orientation
Complete the online New Student Orientation.
A supplemental orientation may be required for student participants in specialized programs such as Athletics, EOPS, or PACE programs. Please check with each program for specific information.
Meet with a Counselor
- Schedule an appointment with a counselor for course placement and to develop an educational plan. You can call the Counseling Center at (530) 242-7724.
- Bring a copy of your high school and any prior college transcripts so that an educational plan and course placement can be established.
- Students who prefer to take an assessment for course placement can schedule an assessment test appointment.
- Students who are veterans or who are participating in EOPS, PACE, CalWORKs or Athletics should work with program area counselors to complete their preliminary and comprehensive education plans.
- Unless exempt, all students must complete this step to maintain priority enrollment. Click the following link to Review the exemption criteria.
Register for Classes
You can view your registration date/time on MyShasta when you have completed all of the steps above.
To register for classes, log in to MyShasta, click on "students" then "search and register for classes."
View our Registration Guide for a visual walk through of online registration.
Important Fee Information
When you register for courses payment is due by midnight of the day you register or you may be dropped from your classes.
Payments may be made:
- Online via MyShasta using MasterCard, Visa, Discover, or American Express.
If you are unable to pay enrollment fees in full you may qualify to set up a payment plan. Payment plans can be created on My Shasta by clicking on "Nelnet Payment Plans." A $25 processing fee will be applied, and a 50% down payment is required to establish a new payment plan. If you have enough pending/awarded financial aid to cover your fees, you are not required to establish a new payment plan.