Campus Safety officers and supervisors have received training in Incident Command and responding to critical incidents on campus. General information about the emergency response and evacuation procedures for Shasta College are publicized each year as part of the institution’s Clery Act compliance efforts and that information is available on the Campus Safety webpage.
Campus Safety has developed an Emergency Operations Plan to address various campus emergencies.
Campus Safety coordinates with outside sources utilizing the Standardized Emergency Management System (SEMS) for managing response to multi-agency and multi-jurisdiction emergencies. SEMS incorporates the use of the Incident Command System (ICS), the Master Mutual Aid agreement, existing mutual aid systems, and County operational area concept, and inter-agency coordination.
This system, by promoting the use of common terminology and command structure, facilitates better flow of information and coordination between responding agencies.
More information on the plan is available to view or print by visiting the links below:
- Emergency Operations Plan (December 2017) (PDF)
- Bomb Threat Checklist (PDF)
- Automated External Defibrillator Program (PDF)
- ALICE (Alert, Lockdown, Inform, Counter, Evacuate) (YouTube Video by Auburn University)
- ALICE protocols transfer the advantage from the shooter to the victim.
- For more information, please contact Campus Safety.
Shasta College uses a mobile alert emergency notification system, RAVE, to broadcast alerts. Campus awareness bulletins are available, too.