TRIO Upward Bound is a federally funded program designed to prepare and motivate high school students for success in post-secondary education. Upward Bound helps strengthens student academic skills, assists with personal growth, increase post-secondary and career options, and helps students stay focused on educational goals.
Shasta College TRIO Upward Bound serves students at:
- Central Valley High School
- Enterprise High School
Events & Workshops Provided
What does Upward Bound have to offer?
- Advising: Career Exploration, Academic: Secondary and Post-secondary Advising, Financial Aid and Scholarship Assistance, College Awareness Activities, College Field Trips, Financial Aid & Financial Literacy, Parent Information
- Academic Preparation: Study Skills Development, SAT/ACT Preparation and Fee Waivers, Course & Grade Monitoring, Help Strengthen your Academic Skills, Tutoring Assistance/Referrals, Earn High School and College Credit
- Post-secondary Placement: College Admissions Advising, Financial Aid and Scholarship Assistance, College Field Trips, College Application Assistance
- Career Exploration: Career Inventories, Work Experience Advocacy, Career Fair
- Personal Development: Mentoring, Encouragement in Staying Focused on Goals, Personal Growth