Shasta College courses numbered 1-99 are transferable to all CSU (California State University) campuses. If you plan to transfer to any other school outside of the CSU system, please make an appointment with a Shasta College counselor to verify that all the classes you are taking are transferable.

What is Articulation?

Articulation is the process of faculty review and evaluation to determine whether coursework completed at one institution will meet requirements for admission, transfer credit, general education and or major preparation at another institution. The purpose of articulation between institutions is to facilitate the process of enrolling students from high school or another institution to Shasta College and from Shasta College to four-year institutions. Completing an articulated course, for a specific major or for general education, allows students to satisfy a university admission and/or graduation requirement while at Shasta College prior to transferring. Shasta College shall strive to eliminate barriers to transfer for credit and to support student transitions from one institution to another. 

Shasta College’s Articulation Officer coordinates activities to develop and maintain articulation agreements with other institutions. Articulation activities with college and universities are guided by the procedures outlined in the current edition of the California Articulation Policies and Procedures Handbook Published by the California Intersegmental Articulation Council, a professional organization of California College and university articulation officers.

Many colleges have articulation agreements, which define which courses they consider comparable. We have articulation agreements with University of California (UC), California State University (CSU), and some accredited private and out-of-state colleges.

California Public Universities (CSU and UC)

To check to see if the classes you are taking at Shasta College will be applicable at the school you are transferring to within California, follow the link below to the ASSIST website:

California Community Colleges

Out of State Colleges and Universities

Independent Colleges and Universities (AICCU)

Some California Independent Colleges and Universities accept completed IGETC or CSU GE Breadth Coursework for Transfer Admission

Successful transfer planning involves developing an educational plan that includes completing articulated courses for major preparation and general education. Students are strongly encouraged to meet with a Shasta College Counselor to develop an educational plan. You can make appointments through our Shasta College Counseling.

General Education Advising Worksheets

This is for advising purposes only and not a student educational plan:

To learn more and view the GE patterns, please visit the following: General Education for Transfer.

To Current and Prospective Students: The information provided in this system is meant to be used as a guide only for how your current or former courses from a previous institution will transfer to Shasta College. This comprehensive database does not guarantee that all courses are listed. Course equivalences provided through TES are subject to change as institutions and updated courses are frequently added and amended.

Please schedule an appointment with a counselor as final decisions regarding transferable courses are contingent upon official transcript evaluations and your educational goal.

Pass-along is a process where Shasta College considers course work taken at another institution prior to enrolling at Shasta College when certifying work for one of the local, IGETC, CSU GE patterns or major preparatory courses.

If you have a general education course from a regionally accredited institution that is NOT part of the California Community College system and would like it to be formally approved, please complete this form: Shasta College Pass Along Petition Form (PDF).

Contact Us

Rebecka Renfer

Faculty Contact Info
Position Educational Counselor - Articulation
Location Redding Main Campus | Building 100, Room 127
Degree M.S., Kansas State University
For Appointments Call the Transfer Center (530) 242-7570 to make an appointment with Rebecka for Articulation support.

Marjorie Carlson

Staff Contact Info
Position Student Services Coordinator (Transfer Center)
Location Main Redding Campus | 126