How to Participate
We want to make sure you fully understand this program and the expectations. Please review the information on this website. If you have questions about the program, please contact us at ACE@shastacollege.edu or (530) 242-7676.
Please note that the three weeks leading up to the start of the term and the first two weeks of the term are our busiest times. Appointments to meet with the counselor and course availability may be limited. If interested in joining ACE, please complete steps 1 through 5 below. We can only schedule an appointment with our ACE Counselor once steps 1-5 are completed.
Steps to participate (current Shasta College students can start with step 3):
- If you have never been a student at Shasta College, or it has been at least two semesters since you have been enrolled, submit an application to Shasta College as soon as possible. (20-30 minutes)
- Submit the CCPG (California College Promise Grant) Application to determine eligibility for a waiver of the $46/unit course fee (15 minutes; processed immediately)
- Submit a financial aid application (30-40 minutes; these take 1-2 weeks to process and be downloaded by the Financial Aid Office; results will be posted to the Financial Aid section of your MyShasta portal):
- FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid), OR
- CADAA (CA Dream Act Application)
- If you are not sure which financial aid application you should use, please contact us at (530) 242-7676.
- After you apply to Shasta College, you will receive an email with your user name, use that information to set up your Shasta College Portal password
- Once you can access the Shasta College Portal, submit the ACE Intake/Counselor Recommendation Form (Dynamic Form). (15-20 minutes)
- The ACE Intake/Counselor Recommendation Form will automatically route to our staff; they will contact you to set up your appointment with our ACE Counselor.
- Your ACE Counselor will review any previous coursework you have taken and discuss your educational and career goals to help you create a personalized educational plan (“ed plan”).
- If you have attended any other college(s), it is critical that you have requested official transcripts sent from those college(s) to Shasta College Admissions and Records. See Transcripts (“Sending Transcripts to Shasta College from Other Colleges”) for details.
- If you only recently requested transcripts to be sent to Shasta College, please have unofficial copies available for your Counseling Appointment.
- New or returning Shasta College students should also do the following:
- Complete the Shasta College Orientation
- Learn more about Canvas, our online course system
- At any point, if you have questions, contact us!
“I am in ACE because it provides a streamlined way to achieve a goal that contributes both to my current business life as Branch Manager of a major brokerage firm and as a bridge to enable me to take the next steps into my future business life.” – Nathan, AS General Studies-Business
Nathan finished his Associate degree in July 2017, his Bachelor’s in 2020, his Master’s in Law in 2021, and his JD (Juris Doctorate) in 2022. He simultaneously worked on his law degrees and his bachelor’s (did you know that you don’t have to have a bachelor’s degree to go to law school?).
“Why did I choose ACE? I have been looking into accelerated programs that will allow me to get my AS in Business in the shortest amount of time possible. I already had 3 part time semesters in my transcripts. I received the flyer for this class in the mail and while I was already determined to complete my degree I decided to give this program a chance.” – Makayla, AS-T Business.
Makayla will transfer to a university after completing her Associate degree through ACE and finish her Bachelor’s in Business.