Benefit Information for Active Employees
Medical Plan Information | October 1, 2023 - September 30, 2024
ALEX Benefit Tool: For help choosing your medical plan, we are excited to continue to provide ALEX, your personal benefits counselor. ALEX explains all of your options in easy to understand terms, and helps you choose the plans that make the most sense for you and your family. Meet ALEX at www.myalex.com/shasta-college/2023.
- 23-24 Open Enrollment Packet - Final as of August 1, 2023 (PDF)
- 23-24 Faculty Open Enrollment Packet - Final as of August 1, 2023 (PDF)
- 23-24 Medical Rates, District Caps and Employee Contribution Breakdown (Faculty) (PDF)
- 23-24 Medical Rates, District Caps and Employee Contribution Breakdown (Classified/Administrator) (PDF)
- 23-24 Plan Summary Comparison Chart (PDF)
- Health Savings Account - Salary Reduction - New, Change, or Cancel Amount (PDF)
Please see tabs to the left for more information on benefits.
- Prestige - Free or $20 to all on our medical plans! We are pleased to provide urgent care walk-in service and scheduled primary care visits for covered members.
- The Prestige membership is provided to active employees and their covered dependents, as well as pre-Medicare retirees and their covered dependents as a benefit of belonging to STSIG.
- Services will be provided at no cost* to members on the 80C, G, K or M plans. No membership dues. No copays. No deductibles. No insurance hassles.
- HSA-1500, 3000, and 5000 members, will pay a $20 fee for each visit due to IRS regulations.
- Prestige details can be found on: 22-23 Prestige Urgent Care Flyer (PDF)
Advance Medical is a free benefit to those on our plans. Received a diagnosis and aren't sure of it's correct? Do you have the best treatment plan? Want an expert reliable medical opinion? Their Expert Medical Opinions program can be your best advocate.
Advance Medical matches patients to the leading doctors on their specific conditions, who work with you to be sure of your diagnosis and recommend the best path for treatment. They will help you find comfort and clarity whenever you need to better understand the best options for your care.
For more information on Advance Medical, please visit advance-medical.net/sisc or call 1-855-201-9925.
Required Notices to Employees
New Employee Enrollments
New employees are eligible to enroll in benefit plans effective the first of the month following their date of hire. A signed Enrollment Form should be submitted to Human Resources prior to the coverage effective date (30 days prior is preferred).
Please allow a minimum of 10 business days for changes to be reflected in the carrier’s systems. Allow up to 10 business days for Anthem to mail medical cards to members from the date the member’s information is reflected in the Anthem system.
To print a temporary medical card from the Anthem website please follow the directions included in the flyer here: Anthem Temporary Medical Card Download Instructions (PDF)