Shasta College is one of the leading institutions that is a part of the largest community college system in the world. Our college offers students the ability to earn certificates, associate degrees and transferable lower division courses to four-year colleges and universities. Many international students come to Shasta College because we offer a friendly, safe and supportive place to study and learn.
Shasta College offers:
- Transfer Center that offers a huge selection of university transfer majors
- Excellent transfer rate to highly selective universities
- Inexpensive tuition and campus fees
- Friendly, helpful staff and an international student counselor
- Instruction from acclaimed faculty, not teaching assistants
- Nationally accredited with small class size and personal attention
- Tutoring and Learning Center that provides tutoring in multiple subjects
- Excellent English as a Second Language classes
- Student activities and intercollegiate sports
- Campus sponsored events
- Beautiful campus setting with nearby access to mountain and recreational area
- Dormitories located on campus for student living
Shasta College is a public institution accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) and other accreditation agencies. Educational Institutions such as California State University and University of California systems, Simpson University and other accredited colleges and universities also give full credit for equivalent courses taken at Shasta College.
Shasta College is on a semester system: Fall (August), and Spring (January). Students can be admitted for either the fall or spring semesters. A wide range of programs and courses are offered during the day, evening and weekends. The courses are equivalent to the first two years of four-year degree programs.
Global Education Center
The Global Education Center was created specifically to provide programs and services to ensure a successful educational and personal experience among our international students and to promote cross-cultural understanding. The staff is dedicated to helping students make the most of their experience at Shasta College and in the United States.
This information is for international students who hold or plan to apply for a F-1 Visa. If you are an immigrant student, a permanent resident, or in another Visa category such as B, J, H or other, please contact our Admissions & Records Office for additional information and assistance.