Automotive Technology AS Degree
Associate in Science | SC Program: AS.1050
The Automotive Technology Program is designed to prepare students for employment and advancement in the automotive field. Curriculum requirements have been developed for certification by the National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) program. The curriculum has been planned to provide technical knowledge and laboratory experiences related to a wide range of automotive applications.
This degree is approved through the California Community College Chancellor’s Office. Upon satisfactory completion of all degree requirements and filing an application for graduation with Admissions and Records, the student’s transcript will reflect completion of this degree.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this degree, the student should be able to:
- Inspect, diagnose, disassemble, repair, replace and service components/systems in student’s area of specialization.
- Work safely and responsibly within all shop safety and environmental guidelines and standards.
- Demonstrate competency in accessing and applying technical service information.
- AUTO 1 Vehicle Electrical Systems 3
- AUTO 11 Intro to Hybrid and Electric Vehicle Technology 3
- AUTO 20 Engine Performance 4
- AUTO 21 Advanced Engine Performance 3
- AUTO 94 Automotive Worksite Learning 2
- AUTO 132 Steering and Suspension 3
- AUTO 147 Automotive Braking Systems 3
- AUTO 150 Introduction to Engine Machining 4
- AUTO 161 Manual Drive Trains & Axles 3
- AUTO 162 Automatic Transmissions and Trans-axles 3
- AUTO 163 Heating, Air Conditioning and Accessories 3
- ENGL 1A* College Composition 4
- INDE 1 Career Planning for Industrial Technology 1
- MATH 110* Essential Math 3
*May be used to fulfill General Education requirements. See a counselor.
Associate in Science Degree Requirements
Additional General Education: 15
General Electives: 3
Degree Total: 60*
*Note: Calculation assumes a student will double-count the Multicultural graduation requirement with either a social science or humanities G.E. requirement and that the student will fulfill computer literacy through a test. If students plan well and see a counselor, they may be able to double count the Multicultural and Computer Literacy units. If these graduation requirements are added, the number of units is increased by 6 units.
For reference only as of 2019/2020
We are dedicated to helping you reach your educational and career goals. To begin your journey, apply for admissions today!