Automotive Technology Certificate
Certificate | SC Program: CT.3010
The objective is to allow the student to gain entry level skills specific to the automotive industry.
This certificate is approved through the California Community College Chancellor’s Office. Upon satisfactory completion of the listed requirements and filing an application for graduation with Admissions and Records, the student’s transcript will reflect completion of this certificate.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this certificate, the student should be able to:
- Inspect, diagnose, disassemble, repair, replace and service components/systems in student’s area of specialization.
- Work safely and responsibly within all shop safety and environmental guidelines and standards.
- Demonstrate competency in accessing and applying technical service information.
- AUTO 1 Vehicle Electrical Systems 3
- AUTO 11 Intro to Hybrid and Electric Vehicle Technology 3
- AUTO 20 Engine Performance 4
- AUTO 21 Advanced Engine Performance 3
- AUTO 94 Automotive Worksite Learning 2
- AUTO 132 Steering and Suspension 3
- AUTO 147 Automotive Braking Systems 3
- AUTO 150 Introduction to Engine Machining 4
- AUTO 161 Manual Drive Trains & Axles 3
- AUTO 162 Automotive Transmissions and Trans-axles 3
- AUTO 163 Heating, Air Conditioning and Accessories 3
- INDE 1 Career Planning for Industrial Technology 1
Total Units for Certificate: 35
For reference only as of 2019/2020
We are dedicated to helping you reach your educational and career goals. To begin your journey, apply for admissions today!