CNC Operator Certificate
The CNC Operators Program is designed to prepare students for positions in a variety of service and manufacturing industries requiring technically trained and/or certified operators. The program is designed to prepare students for the opportunity to become entry level CNC operators.
This is a locally approved certificate. Upon satisfactory completion of the listed requirements and application for completion of the certificate to Admissions and Records, the student will receive a certificate of completion. This certificate program is not approved through the California Community College Chancellor’s Office; therefore, completion of the certificate will not be listed on the student’s transcript.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this certificate, the student should be able to:
- Safely use manual machine tools to produce a part within specified tolerances.
- Interpret blueprints and use precision measurements to correctly layout a project.
- Program a CNC vertical mill using G-code to drill precision holes.
- Set-up CNC milling and turning equipment utilizing proper workholding techniques, and load a program for production.
- INDE 45 Introduction to Manual Machining 3
- INDE 46 Introduction to CNC Machining 3
- INDE 101 Industrial Trade Basics 3
- MATH 100 Technical Applications of Mathematics 3
- WELD 73 Structural Steel Metal Fabrication 3
- WELD 118 Blueprint and Specification Reading (Mechanical) 2
Total Units for Certificate: 17
For reference only as of 2019/2020
We are dedicated to helping you reach your educational and career goals. To begin your journey, apply for admissions today!