Diesel Technology Certificate
Certificate | SC Program: CT.3134
This curriculum prepares the student for entry into the mechanic trade related to heavy equipment and diesel engines. Award of apprenticeship credit for completion of the program will depend on the employer, local union regulations, aptitude of student, as well as the curriculum completed.
This certificate is approved through the California Community College Chancellor’s Office. Upon satisfactory completion of the listed requirements and filing an application for graduation with Admissions and Records, the student’s transcript will reflect completion of this certificate.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this certificate, the student should be able to:
- Explain the basic theory of the subject matter or system for the course of instruction based on industry standards.
- Analyze a scenario based upon an equipment system failure/problem/ complaint.
- Employ a systematic approach to troubleshooting a system malfunction and prepare a solution.
- Demonstrate the correct tools/supplies required to diagnose/repair a malfunction.
- Verify if the path of repair was correct by testing and/or completing a work order/report.
- DIES 48 Hydraulics 3.5
- DIES 49 Advanced Hydraulics 3
- DIES 94 Worksite Learning For Diesel Technology 1-4
- DIES 160 Diesel Engine Electronic Control 4
- DIES 161* Diesel Technology Field Training 2
- DIES 162 Heavy Duty Drive Train 4
- DIES 164 Beginning Diesel Engines 4
- DIES 166* Diesel Engines 6
- DIES 169 Advanced Electronics and Emissions Mgmt 3
- DIES 170 Heavy Duty Braking Systems 4
- ENGL 190 Reading & Writing II 4
- INDE 1 Career Planning for Industrial Tech. 1
- MATH 100 Technical Applications of Mathematics 3
- WELD 70 Beginning Welding 3
Total Units for Certificate: 45.5 – 48.5
For reference only as of 2019/2020
We are dedicated to helping you reach your educational and career goals. To begin your journey, apply for admissions today!