PLC Automation Noncredit Certificate
Noncredit Certificate | SC Program: NCR.1005
This non-credit program is designed to provide an understanding of PLC (Programmable Logic Controller) systems. Students will focus on application, programming, and troubleshooting of PLC’s. This program is aligned with Rockwell Automation (Allen-Bradley); students will have the opportunity to test for additional industry recognized certifications within this program.
This certificate is approved through the California Community College Chancellor’s Office. Upon satisfactory completion of the listed requirements and filing an application for graduation with Admissions and Records, the student’s transcript will reflect completion of this certificate.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this certificate, the student should be able to:
- Provide opportunity for industry-recognized certifications.
- Use ladder logic to create an if-then PLC code.
- Develop an understanding of "Tags" and their use in programming.
Required Noncredit Courses
- INDE 341 Industrial Electronics (0)
- INDE 342 Industrial Control Devices (0)
- INDE 343 Industrial Motor Control (0)
- INDE 344 Industrial Process Control (0)
For reference only as of 2022/2023
Start Your Future at Shasta College
We are dedicated to helping you reach your educational and career goals. To begin your journey, apply for admissions today!