Agriculture Business AS-T Degree
Associate in Science for Transfer | SC Program: AS-T.2003
The Associate in Science in Agricultural Business for Transfer Degree (AS-T in Agricultural Business) provides students with the opportunity to meet the requirements for transfer to the California State University system in Agricultural Business. In order to earn this degree a student must complete 60 required semester units of CSU-transferable coursework with a minimum GPA of 2.0. Completing this degree guarantees admission to the CSU system but not to a particular campus or major. The degree is designed to prepare students for upper division study in Agricultural Business and related fields. Agricultural Business graduates at the bachelor’s level are qualified for employment by industry in a variety of jobs, in areas such as marketing of crops and related agricultural production equipment, banking and production loans, food processing, international marketing and agricultural policy.
This degree is approved through the California Community College Chancellor’s Office. Upon satisfactory completion of all degree requirements and filing an application for graduation with Admissions and Records, the student’s transcript will reflect completion of this degree.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this degree, the student should be able to:
- Organize and prepare reports, presentations and other information pertaining to local business trends.
- Describe and interpret the world markets and the effect they might have on local agriculture.
- Explain supply and demand and how it relates to California’s agricultural economy.
- Use computers and other technology as accounting and modeling tools.
- Meet the requirements for transfer to a California State University with a major in Agricultural Business.
In addition to the 37-39 unit general education pattern for CSU or IGETC, students must complete the core courses listed below for the Associate in Science in Agricultural Business for Transfer Degree. Students must also obtain a minimum grade point average of 2.0 and a C or better in each major course, or a “P" if the course is taken on a Pass/No Pass basis.
- AGAB 54* Agriculture Economics 3
- CHEM 1A*# General Chemistry (5) OR CHEM 2A*# Introduction to Chemistry (5)
- ECON 1B*# Principles of Economics (Macro) 3
- MATH 14*# Intro to Statistics 4
List A (Select three courses): 9-10
- AGAB 51 Agriculture Accounting (3)
- AGAB 53 Introduction to Agriculture Business (3)
- AGAS 19* Principles of Animal Science (3) OR
- AGPS 20*# Plant Science (4)
- AGNR 52 Computers in Agriculture and Natural Resources (3)
List B (Select one course): 3-4
- Any List A course not used above
- AGMA 42 Farm Power and Machinery (3)
- AGPS 24* Soils (3)
*May be used to fulfill CSU General Education requirements. See a counselor.
#May be used to fulfill IGETC requirements. See a counselor.
Associate in Science in Agricultural Business for Transfer Degree Requirements:
General Education: 37-39
General Electives: 2-9**
Degree Total Will Not Exceed: 60 Units
**Number will vary depending on units that double count.
For reference only as of 2019/2020
We are dedicated to helping you reach your educational and career goals. To begin your journey, apply for admissions today!