Agriculture: Natural Resources Certificate
Certificate | SC Program: CT.3442
The Natural Resources curriculum is designed to meet the demand for trained personnel in a broad range of Natural Resource/Environmental Science fields in addition to numerous private organizations.
This certificate is approved through the California Community College Chancellor’s Office. Upon satisfactory completion of the listed requirements and filing an application for graduation with Admissions and Records, the student’s transcript will reflect completion of this certificate.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this certificate, the student should be able to:
- Be qualified to pursue seasonal job employment with the Federal Government, a State Agency, or a Private company in a field related to Forestry & Natural Resources.
- Be able to use a specified protocol following the scientific method to collect, analyze, evaluate, and document original research data.
- Be able to accurately navigate in the field using maps, compass, a Global Positioning System (GPS). Students will also be able to use GPS for field data collection and Geographic Information Systems (GIS) for data mapping and display.
- Be able to evaluate basic theory, concepts, and ecological principles as they apply to Forestry, Wildlife, Water Resources, and Ecosystem Restoration and will use his/her cumulative skills to think critically and to work out possible solutions to address problems facing Natural Resources managers today and in the future.
- AGNR 1 Introduction to Natural Resources 3
- AGNR 6 Native Plant Identification 3
- AGNR 50** Natural Resources Measurements 4
- AGNR 66A** Watershed Restoration Practicum I 1
- AGNR 70 Wildlife Conservation and Management 3
- GEOG 9 Map and Geospatial Principles 3
Total Units for Certificate: 17
**These courses also count towards the Watershed Restoration Certificate.
For reference only as of 2019/2020
We are dedicated to helping you reach your educational and career goals. To begin your journey, apply for admissions today!