Digital Art and Design Certificate
Certificate | SC Program: CL.3452
The Digital Art and Design Certificate will prepare students for jobs in the graphic design and digital arts industry such as Digital Photography, Logo Design, Graphics and Animation as well as industry related digital based automation.
This is a locally approved certificate. Upon satisfactory completion of the listed requirements and application for completion of the certificate to Admissions and Records, the student will receive a certificate of completion. This certificate program is not approved through the California Community College Chancellor’s Office; therefore, completion of the certificate will not be listed on the student’s transcript.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this certificate, the student should be able to:
- Recognize and explain conditional responses to visual media from Gestalt theory.
- Produce production ready digital design and graphics using industry standard software applications.
- Recognize theories and principles behind effective design models.
- Analyze readings on digital photographic practice and theory.
- Utilize artificial lighting equipment , systems and backgrounds for digital photographic methods.
- Successfully employ the elements and principles of design to digital art applications.
- Develop and present key learnings through a portfolio review in class. Assessment will be given as a hands-on final review and critique in the course is provided. Students will be successful with a score of 95% on the assessment.
- ART 12 Beginning Design, Form, and Color 3
- ART 21A Beginning Freehand Drawing 3
- ART 70A Beginning Digital Photography 3
- ART 72 Introduction to Digital Art 3
- ART 80A Beginning Graphic Design 3
- CIS 83 Web Design Using Dreamweaver 2
Students interested in starting a design business are encouraged to enroll in BUAD 10 or BUAD 120 for 3 additional units.
Total Units for Certificate: 17
For reference only as of 2019/2020
Start Your Future at Shasta College
We are dedicated to helping you reach your educational and career goals. To begin your journey, apply for admissions today!