Shasta CARES Program
SHASTA CARES - Campus Advocacy, Resources and Education for Safety: Shasta CARES is a collaboration dedicated to uprooting interpersonal violence in our diverse community.
“Let’s Talk About Sex!” Workshop
April 14, 2021 @ 11 am - 12 pm (View PDF)
Join Shasta CARES for an open discussion on healthy sexuality!
Participate in a Fun Contest! What is a Healthy Relationship?
Thursday, April 22, 2021 @ 2 pm - 2:30 pm
- Create something (painting, drawing, sculpture, skit, spoken word, presentation, essay, etc.) that represents what a healthy relationship means to you.
- Submit creations to Jessie at firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday, April 15.
Pieces will be shared and voted on by the Shasta College Community. Winners will be announced on @shastacares TikTok, Instagram, and Facebook on Thursday, April 22 at 2pm!
Shasta CARES Overview
Through the Shasta CARES program, campus and community partners meet on a monthly basis for the Coordinated Community Response Team (CCRT). The CCRT on the Main Campus is currently comprised of members from Student Services, Campus Safety, One SAFE Place, and Redding Police Department. The CCRT on the Tehama Campus is comprised of members from Extended Education, Campus Safety, Rape Crisis Intervention and Prevention, Empower Tehama (formerly Alternatives to Violence), Red Bluff Police Department and Tehama County Sheriff.
Each team works together to create a trauma-informed response and develop culturally competent violence prevention programs. Shasta CARES provides primary prevention programming and events to educate the campus on realities of sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. The events and workshops promote healthy behaviors, equity, safety and accountability.
Confidential Advocacy Hours
|One SAFE Place
2250 Benton Drive
1805 Walnut St.
Red Bluff, CA
|Rape Crisis Intervention and Prevention
725 Pine St.
Red Bluff, CA
|Human Response Network
111 Mountain View St.
Weaverville, CA 96093
|NorCal Services for Deaf & Hard of Hearing
2650 Larkspur Lane, Suite E
M-F, 9-5pm, Closed 12:30-1pm
- To set up a presentation or for general information about Shasta CARES, please contact Program Director, Jessie Ballard at 530-242-7917 or email@example.com
- For additional resources, visit www.shastacollege.edu/campussafety
- For Title IX options, visit www.shastacollege.edu/titleix
- For Student Health and Wellness services, visit www.shastacollege.edu/healthwellness
- NorCal Services for Deaf & Hard of Hearing http://www.norcalcenter.org/deafsafe/
Connect with us on social media @shastacares!
“This project was supported by Grant No. 2015-WA-AX-0007 awarded by the Office on Violence Against Women, U.S. Department of Justice. The opinions, findings, conclusions, and recommendations expressed in this program are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Department of Justice, Office on Violence Against Women."