General Studies: Fire - Fire Investigation AS Degree
General Studies – 18 Unit Emphasis | SC Program: AS.1507
While available to anyone, this degree is designed for students who intend on working as fire investigators. Additionally, this degree is applicable for students who are, or will be working in Fire Prevention, Plans Checking, or similar functions within a municipal fire department. Once a student has completed this degree, it is hoped that they will continue their education and pursue a transfer level AA degree with a final target being undergraduate and graduate degrees in Chemistry, Physics, Engineering, Systems Analysis, or similar disciplines.
PROGRAM LEARNING OUTCOMES
For General Studies Degree Learning Outcomes, see page 29.
Complete the following 13 units
- FIRS 71 Fire Behavior and Combustion (3)
- FIRS 74 Fire Protection Equipment and Systems (3)
- FIRS 86 Building Construction for Fire Protection (3)
- FIRS 189 Fire Investigation 1A (2)
- FIRS 191 Fire Investigation 1B (2)
Choose 5 units from the list below
- ADJU 16 Legal Aspects of Evidence (3)
- ADJU 20 Principles of Investigation (3)
- CHEM 2A Introduction to Chemistry (5)
- FTWL 101 Wildland Fire Behavior (3)
- FTWO 112 Advanced Firefighter Training (0.5)
- FTWO 132 Intermediate Wildland Fire Behavior S-290 (2)
- FTWO 144 Introduction to Wildland Fire Calculations S-390 (2)
- FTWP 114 Wildland Fire Origin and Cause Determination FI-210 (1.5)
For reference only as of 2019/2020
Start Your Future at Shasta College
We are dedicated to helping you reach your educational and career goals. To begin your journey, apply for admissions today!