General Studies: Fire - Fire Service Command, Company Officer AS Degree
While available to anyone, this degree is designed for students who have been working as Firefighter/Engineers (paid or volunteer) and intend on becoming Engine Captains/Company Officers. Additionally, this degree supports wildland firefighters who are, or will be working at the Crew/Engine/Dozer/Squad Boss levels, or similar supervisory positions. Once a student has completed this degree, it is hoped that they will continue their education and pursue a transfer level AA degree with a final target being undergraduate and graduate degrees in team development, group dynamics/psychology, fire administration or similar disciplines.
PROGRAM LEARNING OUTCOMES
For General Studies Degree Learning Outcomes, see page 29.
Complete the following 3.5 units
- FIRS 186 Company Officer 2E, Wildland Incident Operations (1.5)
- FIRS 187 All-Risk Command Operations for Company Officers (2)
Choose 14.5 units from the list below
- FIRS 108 Firefighter II (4)
- FIRS 135 Intermediate Incident Command System: For Expanding Incidents, I-300 (1.5)
- FIRS 136 Advanced Incident Command System I-400 (1)
- FTWL 102 Wildland Firefighter Safety and Survival (3)
- FTWL 103 Wildland Fire Operations (3)
- FTWO 114 Initial Attack Incident Commander Type 4 (ICT4) S-200 (1)
- FTWO 116 Fire Operations in the Wildland/Urban Interface S-215 (1)
- FTWO 121 Crew Boss S-230 (1.5)
- FTWO 125 Ignition Operations S-234 (1)
- FTWO 135 Task Force/Strike Team Leader S-330 (1)
For reference only as of 2019/2020
We are dedicated to helping you reach your educational and career goals. To begin your journey, apply for admissions today!