Business Administration Program
Shasta College offers a variety of classes in Business Administration that lead to Associate in Science Degrees or a Certificate. You may choose between three (3) Associate in Science (A.S.) Degrees. The three degrees in Business Administration are offered in the following concentrations:
- General Business
- Basic Business
All of the choices incorporate a Business Administration CORE of eight (8) courses (24 units) providing a breadth of business classes that are required with the various Associate in Science Degree concentrations. Career opportunities include the following:
- Entry-level management/marketing employee
- Small business entrepreneur
- Bookkeeping, accounting, and auditing clerk
- Customer service representative
- Retail sales
- Four-year college or university transfer to further your academic training
Nationally, small businesses (those with fewer than 500 employees) represent 99 percent of all businesses in the United States. They employ more than 56 percent of all workers and generate over 38 percent of the gross national product. The number of small businesses continues to increase. In 2002, there were approximately 22.9 million small businesses in America and all require individuals that can assist them in their successful operation locally, statewide, and nationally.
Length of Program
The Business Administration curriculum is available both day and evening. The program may be completed in two years (four semesters) of full-time study.
You can complete a course sequence at Shasta College that allows you to transfer to a 4-year University. Shasta College is currently articulated with Southern Oregon University and Chico State.
Advisory Committee Guidance
All of the programs offered in Business Administration are periodically reviewed by a broad cross section of community businesses and professional people. These Advisory Committee members help ensure that we are offering an up-to-date program.
Degrees and Certificates
Refer to the current Shasta College Catalog or the Shasta College Web Site for program information and specific requirements for the Associate in Science Degree.
- Business Administration: Accounting Concentration A.S. Degree
- Business Administration A.S.-Transfer Degree
- Business Administration A.A. Degree
- Business: Management A.S. Degree
- General Studies: Business - Basic Business A.S. Degree
- Business: Marketing and Finance A.S. Degree
- Accounting Clerk/Bookkeeper
- Business Administration - Business Entrepreneurship
- Business Retail Management
- Customer Service Academy
We are dedicated to helping you reach your educational and career goals. To begin your journey, apply for admissions today!