Accounting Clerk/Bookkeeper Certificate
Completion of the Certificate Program will prepare the student for entry-level position in accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, and general ledger.
This certificate is approved through the California Community College Chancellor’s Office. Upon satisfactory completion of the listed requirements and filing an application for graduation with Admissions and Records, the student’s transcript will reflect completion of this certificate.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this certificate, the student should be able to:
- Express the accounting equation; identify and perform the processes of the accounting cycle; and prepare and interpret the basic financial statements for service and merchandising organizations in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Use integrated accounting software in performing the processes of the accounting cycle and preparing the basic financial statements for service and merchandising organizations in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Prepare and process payroll records and payroll tax returns in compliance with applicable federal and state laws and regulations.
- Demonstrate the use of skills relevant for problem solving, decision making and solving ethical dilemmas in the business environment including critical thinking, effective written and oral communication, working effectively in teams and the proficient use of computers for information search, retrieval, problem solving and communication.
- Identify and explain the current economic indicators regarding inflation, unemployment, monetary and fiscal policy and their effects on consumers and small businesses.
- ACCT 101► Basic Accounting I 3
- ACCT 102► Basic Accounting II 3
- ACCT 103 Computerized Accounting 2
- ACCT 104 Payroll Accounting 2
- BSOT 10 Excel for Windows-I 1
- BSOT 51 Introduction to Keyboarding and Word 3
- BSOT 64 Computerized Ten-Key 0.5
- BSOT 166 Records Management 2
- BUAD 10 Introduction to Business 3
- BUAD 66 Business Communications 3
- BUAD 106 Business Mathematics 3
- BUAD 166 Business English 3
Total Units for Certificate: 28.5
► Student may take ACCT 2 in place of ACCT 101 or ACCT 102
For reference only as of 2019/2020
We are dedicated to helping you reach your educational and career goals. To begin your journey, apply for admissions today!