Business Retail Management Certificate
This program is designed to enable students to find entry-level positions in the retail selling areas as sales personnel.
The Retail Management Certificate is an accredited business program that will give you the skills you need to get started or advance your career in the retail industry. The certificate has been recognized as a part of the White House’s Upskill Initiative, and by leading organizations and foundations, including the ACT Foundation and the U.S. Department of Labor.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this certificate, the student should be able to:
- Express the accounting equation; identify and perform the processes of the accounting cycle; and prepare and interpret the basic financial statements for service and merchandising organizations in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Recognize, acknowledge and apply the functions and responsibilities of retail management.
Develop and apply a business retailing strategy leading to a business plan.
Requirements for Certificate
- ACCT 101 Basic Accounting I 3
- BUAD 41 Leadership and Supervision 3
- BUAD 45 Human Relations on the Job 3
- BUAD 66 Business Communications 3
- BUAD 77 Principles of Marketing 3
- BUAD 91 Principles of Management 3
- BUAD 106 Business Mathematics 3
- BUAD 176 Principles of Retailing 3
- CIS 1 Computer Literacy Workshop 3
Total Units for Certificate: 27
For reference only as of 2019/2020
We are dedicated to helping you reach your educational and career goals. To begin your journey, apply for admissions today!